Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

Hello All,

there was a serious bug with Baking in the last release and this release will (hopefully) fix that. It's a bit early but I didn't want to wait any longer because of this.

Grasshopper 0.8.0012 can be downloaded from the usual location.

If you haven't installed 0.8.0011, please read that page first as it contains some potentially important information.

Changes since 0.8.0011:

• All component icons have been reviewed and adjusted in case of stylistic discrepancies.
  • Added an Edge Average output to the polygon center point component (better average).
  • Added Data Recorder object (Params.Special dropdown).
  • Added Area Moments component (Surface.Analysis panel).
  • Added Volume Moments component (Surface.Analysis panel).
  • Added Curve Torsion component (Curve.Analysis dropdown).
  • Added Curve Derivatives component (Curve.Analysis dropdown).
  • Bake Window Display Mode selector now shows all available modes.
  • Fixed a bug in the Bake Window Display Mode selection.

The Data Recorder object serves to maintain data from previous runs. This is very new and little tested code, please save before using it. The Recorder won't be able to maintain its data between sessions though, so if you open a ghx file with a Recorder in it it will be empty again.

Enjoy,

David

--

David Rutten

david@mcneel.com

Poprad, Slovakia

Views: 1290

Replies to This Discussion

The installer will put the gha files in the \Program Files\ folder if it can (i.e. when it runs in Administrator mode). However it must be possible to install gha files if you don't have administrator rights, hence the additional Components folder that can be accessed via the menu.

--

David Rutten

david@mcneel.com

Poprad, Slovakia

I have the administrator rights and the gha's are installing only into the Rhino 4.0 \program files\folder.

I thought that they will automatically be installed in the \documents and settings\ folder since the components folder was added sometime this winter and at the beginning they ended up there. So I never checked.

Should I, at the end of the day, expect the gha's to be automatically installed into the \documents and settings\ folder, or should I always check the \program files\ folder and copy them manually?

Forgot to tell, I am using RH5.0 WIP.

If the installer is run without Administrator right, we cannot put anything into the Program Files directory. In that case we revert to Document And Settings. If you install once without admin rights and once with, there might be problems. I haven't tested this, but then I personally cannot change the installer anyway.

What is most odd about this is that Grasshopper seemingly loaded the wrong gha files (which would be a bug) and didn't complain about conflicting gha files (which would be another bug).

If you ever run into this problem again, I'll dig deeper.

--

David Rutten

david@mcneel.com

Poprad, Slovakia

Ok, I will let you know.

If it is not a problem, maybe it will be good to place also screenshots of the changed panels for each release so people like me not knowing to live in the past can ring the bells.

Thanks for the help and explanations.

Toys, toys! Summer toys!

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service