Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

GH 0.7.0030 (June 18th build) is available for download.

You need at least Rhino4 SR8 to run this build.

This build fixes numerous serious bugs in the previous 0.7 release so it is highly recommended for those of you who have already had the nerve to depart from 0.6.X.

One of the fixes affects Cross Reference Data Matching and although it is only supposed to be a fix, please be on the lookout for any unwanted changes.

A new feature available in this build are User Objects. Basically you can store any individual existing object on the canvas (including all settings) as a new Component. This allows you to create parameters with preset data, or Components with preset inputs, or Sliders with Integer accuracy as default, or ready made Script components.

User Objects can be created from the Grasshopper File menu. They can be deleted from the toolbars (each component on the toolbar now has a rudimentary menu), or they can be managed manually. There is a single User Object folder (accessible via the File menu again), so anything placed in here will be loaded.

This is still a very early attempt at making a customizable toolset. The interface and responsiveness of User Objects will improve.

--
David Rutten
david@mcneel.com
Poprad, Slovakia

Views: 5191

Replies to This Discussion

Mine runs ok on a 64 bit machine with the same file path.
Well, the quick solution was to create a folder called "Program Files" directly under C:\ and make all necessary sub-folders to match the required path. User Objects work fine now...
Hi! Thanks a lot for the update! :)
For some reason or another this happens every time i'm trying to open it, even though i'm running it on Rhino4 SR8

Hi Irina,

I don't think this has anything to do with the version of Rhino. Are you using any plugins for Grasshopper such as WeaverBird, Kangaroo or Geco?

What happens after this error message?

--
David Rutten
david@mcneel.com
Poprad, Slovakia
Yes, I have WeaverBird, Kangaroo and Rabbit. Here's what happens after

The component panel gets all messed up.
Well, it seems it goes wrong before external plugin are loaded, but can you try to move WeaverBird, Kangaroo and Rabbit into some other folder?

--
David Rutten
david@mcneel.com
Poprad, Slovakia
Yep! :) That's great! Now it works. Thanks a lot!
Damn, I was hoping I wouldn't break external plugins. I'm not quite sure why it failed. I'll try and make it so it will no longer fail.

--
David Rutten
david@mcneel.com
Poprad, Slovakia
hi david and Irina

weaverbird is not released for GH 0.7 so it is only working with 0.6.0059
maybe thats the fault ... this release is working fine with geco and kangaroo
hi Thomas,

Yes, that's right. The troubles i had were because Rabbit 0.2 was also built for the 0.6.0059 version. It would have been better if i could have figured it out a bit earlier i guess.
David

wow the user feature is great, and its amazing to see how fast you were able to add that. this will help in so many ways. like one thing i always hated was not having a int slider preset, but now i can! great work
Hi Robert,

you're welcome :) Of course you have no idea how long it took me to add this User Object feature. For all you know I've been chipping away at this for the better part of 9 months. In fact it took me about a day, but it's pretty far from finished, so I suppose many more days will go into this soon...

--
David Rutten
david@mcneel.com
Poprad, Slovakia

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Photos

• Add Photos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service