Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

GH 0.7.0030 (June 18th build) is available for download.

You need at least Rhino4 SR8 to run this build.

This build fixes numerous serious bugs in the previous 0.7 release so it is highly recommended for those of you who have already had the nerve to depart from 0.6.X.

One of the fixes affects Cross Reference Data Matching and although it is only supposed to be a fix, please be on the lookout for any unwanted changes.

A new feature available in this build are User Objects. Basically you can store any individual existing object on the canvas (including all settings) as a new Component. This allows you to create parameters with preset data, or Components with preset inputs, or Sliders with Integer accuracy as default, or ready made Script components.

User Objects can be created from the Grasshopper File menu. They can be deleted from the toolbars (each component on the toolbar now has a rudimentary menu), or they can be managed manually. There is a single User Object folder (accessible via the File menu again), so anything placed in here will be loaded.

This is still a very early attempt at making a customizable toolset. The interface and responsiveness of User Objects will improve.

--
David Rutten
david@mcneel.com
Poprad, Slovakia

Views: 5179

Replies to This Discussion

the last file
Attachments:
David,
Hi, I'm Andy... I am currently at the AA. I tried this custom component stuff and I made one and its just okay but I think that this component is a good thing to have in grasshopper. I've attached what I made plus what I think it should be (or at least something close to it)
Attachments:

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service