Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

Don't know if this is a vray or GH or Rhino issue... but I recently installed Vray for Rhino 1.5 RT Beta on my Rhino 5 64-bit installation.  Now I can not use grasshopper at all without crashing.  I can load grasshopper but as soon as I click on one of a few particular component tabs, rhino and grasshopper disappear immediately and give me a "Send crash report" dialog.  Seems to happen only with the tabs Math, Sets, and Curve.

Also interesting to note, if Grasshopper is maximized, it doesn't appear to crash in this circumstance.

Tried the following fixes:

1) I've tried changing the current renderer back to rhino render, no luck.

2) Tried in Rhino Safe Mode, Vray not loaded, no luck.

3) Haven't tried uninstalling VRay or reinstalling Grasshopper, thought I'd wait for feedback.

Thanks,

Marc

Views: 2053

Replies to This Discussion

After using GH with Rhino 5 64-bit and Vray 1.5 for a while (making sure I had GH maximized at all times), I saved all documents and unminimized.  See what my menu bars looked like:

On a hunch, I suspected "Show Obscure" to be the culprit.  I like to have all of my components showing in the menu tray.  Voila!  Components unscrambled.  Clicked "Show obscure" one more time and CRASH.

Not sure what this has to do with VRay, but I didn't have this problem until I installed it.  

Let me know what you think.

Marc

Hi Marc.

Check the discussion Rhino 5 x64 (14Dec2011) / GH 8.0062 possible issue as there had been development changes in the Rhino SDK.

Grasshopper 8.0063 fixed all the issues that I similarly encountered.

(I do not have V-Ray installed)

Barry.

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service