Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

i think it might be useful to have a discussion where people can input ideas for new features that could be incorporated in future releases. some good stuff might come up!
i don't feel i'm entitled to open such a discussion though, but a moderator might..
anyone on board?

(PS; if such discussion already exists, i apologize)

Views: 2417

Replies to This Discussion

im worried by the prospect of losing my lovely receivers. one use if have for them on massive solutions is not having to drag wires from barely visible components to others. use the same variable more than once in a 'sub-routine' just cut & paste the receiver.

if the values to be reused are to go into the same type of component then its not a bother, but to pop the same amplitude value into both a move vector and also and extrude is not trivia when it is 10 horizontal screen scrolls away.

Unless of course there was a 'Match Source' command - that would be groovy!
Wouldn't it be convenient if the Panel was interactive? Let's say you have a list of points or lines, and you wanted to have a look on one (or several) of the points/lines. With an interactive Panel you would be able to highlight the listed items by just klicking on it. That way you could easily see if that's the item your looking for, even if there's hundreds of items.
I often find difficult to "find" the right tool. Would it be impossibile to specify where the specific tool, once found by the double click search onto the canvas, is stored. Just to remember for next time. I also seem to recollect that the visible toolbar should adapt to the most used tools : I don't see it happening here. Is it something that will be implemented later?
It used to be a problem for me too when I first started out, but after I switched to icon views for the components I found it far easier to locate them from the toolbars as they are displayed with the same image. Not a solution I know but it might help.
Thanks, Danny. What do you mean with "icon views"?

Thanks a lot. Ciao
The 'Markov widget' is the little mini-robot that has started living inside GH since version 0.60059 to see what you're upto. Once that guy has made up his mind about your personality and your IQ and GH skills, it starts showing you a little toolbar on the bottom left with what it thinks you might want next based on what you just placed on the canvas.

Beware though, it takes a while to learn about you.. and often gets confused and disappears.. and for the first few weeks or so, it might just be snoozing.
For the time being I find it wrong all of the time, but maibe I am not using GH in a conventional way, since I am exploring differnt ways it may be handy for automating tedious tasks. I'll keep an eye to the little bugger and see what it's up to. Thanks.
Does anybody know what is the vb script for finding intersection points derived from meshes and curves(lines)?

Let me know any idea.

Thanks.

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service