Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

Hi Guys, 

I wanted to have sth like the attached picture , it is Fibonacci inscribed in rectangle 

Thank you, images.jpg

Views: 15054

Replies to This Discussion

Kinda like:

or maybe you have this in mind?:

or that?

the second one is really close to waht I have in my mind, wahts that, where did you get it? but mine is wider in bottom narrower at top like Zigurat 

BTW: C# truss maker against ... well any surface:

constant W height mode:

or variable W height (SIN distortion > 0).

Hi Pater, may I have the V5, if you dotn mind, thank you

still WIP mind.

Attachments:

Thank you Peter, I am increasing the Floor to floor height ( up to 7 imagine ) but the ramp disappears in most of the floors except the first one , I know its because I am exceeding the max. slope, so I modified the percentage in the C# but still I ant have them what else is affecting the ramps while the height is more , thank you

Sounds very interesting , you made this, especially with top cover which is good for shadow and protection. 

But where did you find the second image, interested getting more info about it

Have no idea (as you know my whole RDBMS system [300000+ "things": drawings/3dmodels/specs/events/contracts/dogs/cats] collapsed and I'm in a "delicate" situation right now: but I'll fix it definitely this weekend). Thus, right now,  I can only access "sporadic" information with no classification/indexing available.

Until the C# ramp maker is ready for your pizza thing (normal or inverse) > exploit what the C# truss maker can do for ANY surface (open a separate test case, make any surface combo(Lists) and have fun).

BTW: creating an inverse zigurrat, although very easy (abstract topology), poses "some" structural issues (for obvious reasons). One very expensive approach is to use the skin as LBS and "hang" floors from that (Titan - probably the greatest ever -  Oscar Niemeyer used to do things like that). If this is the case, use SIN distortion on the C# truss maker to create variable W height trusses (for supporting the floors and hosting HVAC). Kinda like the last image posted with a test spiral ramp.

BTW: C# truss maker against a spiral "skin" (remotely "like" an inverse Ziggurat ):

But suspending in real-life floors from stuff "like" that > GNP of Nigeria is required, he he

And a SIN distortion option (variable W):

Can I have the GH files oor its not easy to manipulate by me. 

Thank you

Err ... hmm ... I've deleted them all (was only a stupid demo):

Matrix reloaded (the Red pill - obviously, he he):

1. You have this already, don't you?

2. Copy this to another def (named: "The_Adventure_Never_Ends_V666".

3. Delete the left C# that does the Ziggurat (and feeds the truss maker with the "skin").

4. Remove all the comments of type "don't touch ..." > be brave.

5. Create any spiral surface (like the ones shown as demos) in Rhino. Or Any List of surfaces (say: one spiral surface and some others -  but better start with ONE test surface). DO NOT use trimmed surfaces (only my "pro" C# truss maker does this - but it's incredibly complex to handle it). In fact ... you can use them ... but forget it, for the moment.

6. Feed this green GH component  shown (aka: the Red pill [Matrix], he he)  with your surface(s) > surrender to the crazy world of trusses. 

7. Listen to some appropriate stuff .

RSS

About

Translate

Search

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service