Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

Hi Guys, 

I wanted to have sth like the attached picture , it is Fibonacci inscribed in rectangle 

Thank you, images.jpg

Views: 15023

Replies to This Discussion

Programming (go for C#) certainly elevates whatever you do (and makes life FAR easier the more the project raises in complexity and the more teamwork is involved) ... BUT it's not something that you can master in short time. As I said this is one way ticket to hell (if you are not dedicated enough ... stay away).

Suggested movie: Karate Kid N1.

Practicing on the other hand is obviously another critical ingredient to glory ... but in real-life (and real-projects paid with real-money done in realistic-time ordered by real-people) ... well there's a threshold as regards what you can achieve based solely in practicing.

Actually the more the project flirts with reality the sooner the threshold arrives.

Suggested song: The Wall (Pink Floyd).

Suggested book: The Castle (Franz Kafka).

best

thank you Peter for all your help,

HI peter, it seems I have problem replying, it fails, are you getting my post, pls let me know,

thanks

This one is visible but quite frequently the answering "pane" is lime yellow and no attachment is possible (nor applauding).

So it seems you got this one but still i get failure message, dont know why?

Hi Peter, do you think the ramp can be made with GH or I can do it manually? thank you

But of course it's easily doable: it just that I'm dealing(?) with a major disaster in my practice (a server kaput > ProjectWise(*) kaput > if(thisTrue){HeroPeter = ZeroPeter;} > all things kaput > Armageddon ).

(*) Google that

Sorry hope it can be solved, since i coudnt do it I was thinking to do it manually , thank you you helped me so much. 

OK, I've resolved the crisis : practice closed/shut down > company sold > I'm (at last) free + jobless + homeless + why bother?.

Today is your day:

1. Added a skin around the floors and a (greatly reduced) freaky thing that does MERO type of trusses (as delivered: in abstract Lines "mode"). This in full mode can do turn key MERO solutions (GH talks to AECOSim that talks to CATIA).

2. Don't touch any parameter in the second C#  other than the ones labeled "play >".

3. This freaky combo is for DEMO purposes only: is provided in order to talk about the ramps:

we can add them

(a) by creating "openings" in the floors (kitsch + structural issues) 

(b) by adding them in the space between the truss (or any skin you choose) and the floor edges (best way).

Which way I should do?

PS: ramps they must have a max 5% slope (meaning BIG lengths if, say, floor free is 3*0.9m + floor 2*0.9m = 4.5m floor to floor).

Attachments:

Cant believe such a talented guy is jobless, are you serious, how come, are you in US.

Thank you very much Peter, Yes the option B is what I am looking to create , I know upper floor which getting smaller maybe I need two turns of ramp in each floor, maybe cant be done with Gh , or its really hard then I will work on them manually.
The shell is interesting too, indeed I want to create shell but it would be from the top of one floor to the bottom of the top floor( i mean the threshold of lofted area).
Thank you

Well ... blame my "acid" humor (?) : don't take the homeless/jobless/sold/shut down things too literally, he he.

Back in business:

1. Absolutely nothing is impossible with GH as regards abstract geometry. (but a lot as regards ... other things, he he).

2. For a twisted ziggurat like yours ... well ... we are talking about a ramp (4.5m floor to floor) with  reflected length ~80m > meaning that when the smallest (top) floor edge is 20m (~400m2 floor area) we need a ramp that almost fully engulfs the small floor. Of course we can consider, say, a 3.6m floor to floor (doesn't go smaller than this) ... meaning ~60m ramp > Yikes + Yikes. PS: When considering floor thickness .. take into account HVAC stuff as well.

3. Down we go: if we start with a 400m2 small (top) floor  ... we soon arrive into paranoid floor sizes: because day lighting considerations (and a million other things) yield result "some" non habitable spaces. Unless you have in mind 3-5 floors resulting a building that looks like a drunken pizza.

4. For more than obvious reasons we need an atrium for that pizza > thus > why don't put the ramps inside (further mimicking the Great Man) and have piece in mind?

5. Segmented (per floor) skin is easily doable with the thing that I've provide to you since it works with ANY collection of surfaces (Lists to speak the GH language).

6. Test the following: create ANY collection of closed (in one direction)/open surfaces, sample them into a List and feed the truss maker > what happens?

Anyway, I'll do it (in The Name of Science, he he) but ... it's highly Academic.

In deed, the distance btwn floors is more than one, its opening plus two story, that means ramp encompass three or maybe four side of the rectangle, I think maybe its better for me to draw wahts going on exactly, then it will be more clear . So i will share with you the more detailed better illustrated one within one or two day. 

Thank you very much for all your notes and considerations.

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service