Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

I got the following warning after importing the Honeybee_Honeybee component, although I have copied the files as suggested in the warning...

1. Failed to load EP constructions! You won't be able to run analysis with Honeybee!
Download the files from address below and copy them to: C:\Users\oat\AppData\Roaming\Ladybug\https://github.com/mostaphaRoudsari/Honeybee/tree/master/resources

May I ask how to solve this issue? Do I need to install OpenStudio?

Thanks!

Views: 3218

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Alexander,

To add to Chris's comments I think you have a firewall that stops the file to be downloaded correctly. Have you tried to open the files on your system by a text editor? Does it look like the one on github?

Mostapha

hi Chris and Mostapha,

many thanks for your reply. I have managed to solve it but not sure how much of it witchcraft and how much I can rationally explain. The long story involves the dowloading and installing of 3 previous versions of Ladybird and Honeybee but nothing different happened. This was all happening on a desktop PC running windows 10 and with a wired connection to the internet router (via a switch). I then tried installing Ladybug and Honeybee on a MacBook Pro running Windows 7 on bootcamp. This computer was wirellesly connected to the same router. The installation of the latest version was very smooth and all the right files of the right sizes appeared without any problem on the first import of Honeybee-Honeybee. I then copied the files over to the other computer. Solved.

1. good thing I didn't know that as I wouldn't have kept on trying to resolve it!

2. Ok, sticking with it - besides I would hate miss out on such a major release!

3. Makes sense.

4. ok, I thought that that was the main file because of the EP in the title - I now have them both anyway.

5. Now that you say this when I click on the file in github and download it from the view raw link then I do get the right file size. But when I have been trying to download it directly from the root folder (i.e.Honeybee/resources) with "save link as" then I get the 36kB. Could it be that Honeybee_Honeybee was doing something similar?

Many thanks again to both of you - great work out there!

best,

Alex

Alexander,

I think that I figured out why you were getting the 36 KB file.  When you right-click on the link under resources and go to "Save link as," you actually download an github html page for the file instead of the actual file itself.  You have to make sure that you right-click on the Raw file to get the real file to download.

-Chris

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service