Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

Hey guys,

I have been experimenting actually and still pretty new to GH so please guide me.

The above is the surface I created in Rhino. What I am trying to achieve is some kind of an automated code in GH that will help me create a pattern on the above surafce and other similar surfaces.

Now, I tried something and have achieved  the following,

As you can see, there is a hole in the surface but the pattern flows over it. 

What I want to achieve is,

As seen above,  the green highlights the single surface that I want to create. The hole has a scaled boundary and so does the rest of the surface giving the entire model a good visal appeal I think. The scaled boundaries and the pattern are woven together to form one single surface, to which a thickness can be added.  

My question is I do not know how to achieve the above, anyone has any suggestions please help? 

Thank You

Views: 3044

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

As I already mentioned, those gaps are the result of extruding the split surface pieces in a single direction - the surface normal at each hexagon's center point (or the center of the 'Patch' surface for the hole border surface).  To eliminate those gaps, a different method must be found to thicken the surfaces.

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service