Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

Guys,

I am trying to load the context model to the Brep component on Grasshopper for Rhino 5.

It takes atleast 20 mins to load and then it kind of crashes. I can add one or 2 structures though but not everything.

Its take around 10 seconds for it to load and works fine on Grasshopper for Rhino 4.

I wanted to use Ladybug Environmental analysis tool and unfortunately it works only on Rhino 5.

Can someone tell me whats wrong? Or is there any other way to so it.

Kind regards

Views: 982

Replies to This Discussion

Guys,

Please find the uploaded file with few surfaces which I would like to load to Brep Component.

Attachments:

The problem seems to be meshing the brep for preview. If I switch to wire only preview all works well. I'm not sure why it's not working on Rhino5, but there's probably no quick fix. You'll have to either hide all components that use this shape or switch to wireframe only previews if you want to use this shape.

--

David Rutten

david@mcneel.com

Tirol, Austria

One thing I'd mention is that your model is 190km across, yet you're modeling in millimeters with an absolute tolerance of 0.001mm. This is not ideal. If you reverse to working in Kilometers, then the meshing works without problems.

--

David Rutten

david@mcneel.com

Tirol, Austria

Thank you David.

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by