Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

Hi!

I accidentally saved a file, created in 0.9.0012, in 0.9.0014. Consequently, I'm unable to open the file in 0.9.0012 ("Object reference not set to an instance of an object"). Is this one of the GUIDs I could change in the XML? Does anybody know which GUIDs may have changed? Is there another alternative (it's a definition with 170+ components...) ?

Best,

Niels

Views: 373

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Niels,

out of interest, why would you want to open the file on an older version if you clearly already have the newer version? 

--

David Rutten

david@mcneel.com

Poprad, Slovakia

It's not a matter of 'changing GUIDs', I'm not actually sure what that means. I don't think the problem is that you're using a new component which didn't exist in 0.9.0012 yet, the error message for that looks very different.

Unfortunately "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" is a very common error and it tells me little about what goes wrong where. The only way for me to find the problem here would be to roll back the source to 0.9.0012 days, recompile, load the file and track it down. This is quite a lot of work and obviously there's no point in fixing that as that would require a new release, and there already is a new release that will solve this particular bug.

I'm afraid you'll either have to update the classroom versions or recreate the file in 0.9.0012

--

David Rutten

david@mcneel.com

Poprad, Slovakia

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos