algorithmic modeling for Rhino
The main goal of the workshop is to show the potential of the parametric design in the field of the structural engineering. We will discuss about the behaviour of different parametric shape in order to find a feasible solution and show the advantage of such methodology.
Registration at email@example.com
400 EUR (Early Bird) till 30.05
450 EUR (Regular)
During the workshop you will learn:
- difference between calculation by hand and FEM,
- study of simple a structure in Karamba,
- free form structure,
- cross section optimization,
- single objective optimization
- introduction of some case study,
- example of standard calculation by hand and with commercial FEM software as SAP2000 in order to show the difference in term of time and feasibility of Karamba,
- understanding of Karamba component with few easy example:
- simple supported beam;
- multi supported beam;
- truss structures with different layout;
- curved beam;
- Analyzing a free form surface with beam and shell element;
- using genetic algorithm to find the solution with minimum displacement;
- cross section optimization;
Marco Pellegrino, structural Engineer graduated at the University of Pisa, he worked at AEIprogetti, he participated in several conferences such as: Design Modelling Symposium in Copenhagen and AA Summer School. He is interested in applied new media to structural design. He runs Ingegneria Parametrica fanpage.
Marco is a currently working at Parametric Support.
This event is for Grasshopper advance users.