algorithmic modeling for Rhino
Time: September 14, 2013 to September 25, 2013
Location: Cairo, Egypt
Street: 90 street, 5th Settlement, New Cairo
Website or Map: https://www.facebook.com/even…
Event Type: workshop, course, grasshopper, rhino, fabrication
Organized By: morph-d studio, AL-TU and Karimsky
Latest Activity: Nov 23, 2015
A Parametric Design Workshop in Cairo
14-25 September 2013
2 Weeks, 80 hrs
For full brief, tutors, target participants, prerequisites, full schedule, previous workshop samples and fees please download the workshop PDF from this link:
Download event poster from this link:
Cairo is filled with barriers controlling people movements, suppressing them as well as detaining green and public spaces to the extent that most people have been taking these spaces for granted. Public spaces have been for a while the periphery of our daily life.
We will explore in this workshop how we can manipulate and alter people’s perception and direct their attention to how these spaces are integral for city life.
This exploration will be backed up by intensive technical tutorials introducing computational design and fabrication techniques and tools mainly Rhino, Grasshopper, Geco and Ecotect.
Not only will this be the typical technical workshop, but rather you will also have the chance to be guided step by step on how these tools are used through out different design stages in a real world scenario.
Design prototypes will be produced through 3D printing, the main workshop output will be a fabricated one to one functional model for one of the designs using our new in-house CNC machine.
Tutors (check the PDF for bio):
Olga Kovrikova, MArch DIA
Alexandr Kalachev, MArch DIA
Karim Soliman, MArch DIA
Islam Ibrahim, MArch DIA
Sherif Tarabishy, B.Sc. AAST
Application deadline 1 September 2013
** For students (undergrad / Master), teachers and PhD proof of status is required (university ID with a date or a certificate of enrollment) to apply for the students package.
Packages (choose one of the following in the application form):
1. Standard registration
Course fee is 4250 EGP
For Students 3500 EGP
2. Early bird registration discounted fee
For Professionals 3750 EGP
For Students 3000 EGP
** Early bird offer ends on 14 August 2013
3. Group registrations discounted fee (5 or more)
For Students 20% off
- You will have to fill out an application form here: http://goo.gl/0QxAga
- You will need to submit your CV and Short Portfolio (max. 10 MB) to email@example.com, email subject: “Morphing Norms Application” (we will decide if you are eligible for an early bird discount or not based on the date of your email submission)
- We will confirm receiving emails from all applicants. Successful applicants will be contacted 5 days after each deadline (early bird/final) and will have to confirm participation within 3 days, if they fail to do so, places will be given to others on the waiting list.
- A maximum of 30 applicants will be selected.