algorithmic modeling for Rhino
An intro level to Grasshopper 3D in Dubai.
This workshop is a beginner level to Grasshopper. It is intensively focused on teaching Grasshopper. We will spend a total of 18 hours on 3 days purely scripting and learning Grasshopper. The workshop will go over different ways of thinking parametrically and how to execute it on Grasshopper computationally.
By the end of the workshop, we would have covered:
- List Items : Different ways to manipulate data trees.
- Cull Patterning : How to create a truss system
- Surface Divisions : Dividing complicated surfaces through U/V values
- Sin/Cos/Tan : Involving math into design with using simple Mathematical equations ( We will be modeling Santiago Calatrava’s Mediopadana Station in Italy
- Curve & Surface Morphing
- Rotating Towers : Will show different possible ways to script a rotating tower
- Different Point Attractors scripts
- Image Sampler
- Data Trees: How to read them, manipulate them and what they mean
The workshop will also show presentations and videos to communicate the ideas even better of what is Grasshopper, Parametric design and how it can be executed and translated from the computer to the real world.