algorithmic modeling for Rhino
Time: July 28, 2014 at 10am to August 8, 2014 at 7pm
Location: Controlmad Advanced Design Center, Madrid
Street: C/Ciudad Real, 30, local
Website or Map: http://www.controlmad.com/for…
Event Type: digital, fabrication, grasshopper, rhino, v-ray
Organized By: Diego Cuevas
Latest Activity: May 8, 2014
Two intensive weeks. Special 60hours summer workshop in English!
RHINO + GRASSHOPPER + V-Ray + DIGITAL FABRICATION
Aimed to designers, sculptors, artists, architects...
Practical approach course where digital tools and fabrication are taught for design and prototyping. Part of these objects will be made using our CNC milling machine and 3D printers.
The final goal is to create, design and 3D model cool objects, prototypes, furniture, sculptures ... using Rhino and Grasshopper, get a fast render with V-Ray and make it real with the digital fabrication machines we have.
Theoretical and practical basis:
- 3D modeling with Rhino
- Parametric Design with Grasshopper
- Digital technics and tools for digital fabrication
- Photorrealistic render introduction to V-Ray for Rhino
Supervised development of a prototype or object in groups, divided in three phases:
- Digital: 3D modeling of the object using Rhino and Grasshopper
- Rendering: Put materials and prepare lighting to get a realistic aspect of the object, using V-Ray for Rhino.
- Making of: Real approach to the object or the most significant parts milling, CNC cutting, milling or 3D printing it.
WE HAVE COMPUTERS WITH LAB LICENSES, SO NO NEED TO BRING YOUR LAPTOP TO THE COURSE!
Minimum number of students required: 5
Maximum number of students: 14
- 840 euro (21% VAT included)
- 690 euro (21% VAT included): before June 15th (early-bird registration)
Dates: July 28th, 29th, 30th, 31st. August 1st, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th.
Deadline for enrollment: Monday, July 28th
Schedule: Two weeks from Monday to Thursday, 10am-2pm and 3,30pm-6 pm. Friday from 10am-2pm