algorithmic modeling for Rhino
This competition takes on an elemental perspective to architectural design and sustainability. Entrants are to revisit the methods to ARRAY spaces and produce creative proposals for a set of ARRAY with certain spatial order or mechanism under consideration of ecological design. The evaluation and definition of “ARRAY” are open to applicants’ imaginations. While the term “ecological” is subjected to many definitions: social, ecological, sustainable, its re-evaluations are open to students’ interpretations. Entrants are free to choose or make site, real or virtual.
Open to international students in the fields of architecture and design related disciplines from an accredited four-year or five-year architecture program. Graduates with certificate in 2011 are accepted. Teamed collaboration consisting of no more than 3 students in the above mentioned fields is permitted. Works submitted must be of applicants’ original works. Works done through school studios are accepted, but limited to 2011 term.
Online Registration deadline: Oct 30th, 2011, 17:00 Taipei Time
(Upon completing registration, applicant will receive a registration number via email.)
Submission deadline: email sent by Nov 3rd, 2011, 17:00 Taipei Time
This is a digital competition and no hardcopies are necessary. Entrants must submit their proposal via email no later than Nov 3rd, 2011 17:00 (Taipei Time) to the following email address:
The project submission must contain the following files:
1. Two A1 boards in portrait format (594mm x 841mm), with identification number at the upper right corner. Names and other identifying information are not allowed on front side of the boards. The resolution of the boards must be 300dpi, RGB mode and saved as JPG files.. The files must be named after the registration number followed by the board number. For example: 03956-board1.jpg and 03956-board2.jpg.
2. A DOC file containing the project discription (600 words max). This file must be named after the registration number followed by the word "discription". For example: 03956-discription.doc.
3. A scan of statement form. This file must be named after the registration number followed by the word "statement_scan". For example: 03956-statement_scan.jpg.
4. All the files must be placed in a ZIP folder named after your registration number. For example: 03956.zip. Size of the ZIP folder is suggested to be less than 15mb, while size more than 25mb will not be accepted
(1) Gold Prize winner will be awarded TWD 60,000 and a trophy.
(2) Silver Prize winner will be awarded TWD 30,000 and a trophy
(3) Bronze Prize winner will be awarded TWD 15,000 and a trophy
(4) Honorable Mention winners will be awarded TWD 5,000 and a merit certificate
Winners will be announced and notified by mid of Nov, 2011.
Two stages of open jury. Details to be announced
Nov 13, 2011~ Nov 18, 2011 at NTUT, Taipei