Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

Impossible to visualize weather data from .epw IPCC scenario A2

Hi Mostapha and hi all,

I can't visualize weather data from .epw file generated by CC World Weather File Generator_UNIVERSITY OF SOUTHEMPTON, here below the component error:

Maybe the issue was generated by tool conversion, but it seems to be strange because when i put the same file into ECOtect Weather Tool i can run weather data graphs, like this one:

I hope you can help me. Thank you in advance.

(i attached my epw file, by Notepad++ i noticed too many "question marks")

Views: 865

Attachments:

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Luciano, If you ask me Ecotect should have given you an error as there are bunch of -- numbers in your file. It should be a bug in the script of university of Southampton and you probably want to let them know. I replaced -- with - and it is fine now. Check the attached file.

Cheers,

Mostapha

Attachments:

Hi Mostapha, thank you very much indeed! I appreciate very much your work (LB + HB) and especially your ability to "encode & decode" the World. Thank you again.

Thank you for posting, Luciano.

This is very interesting stuff.  The error seems to be specifically with the CCWeatherGen tool since I was able to open the unaltered ITA Naples file without any issues:

I have had it on my long-term agenda to consider making a Python version of the CCWeatherGen tool since the excel-based version that they have now can be so difficult to use sometimes.  This bug in the produced output seems be be another good reason for me to look into what it would take to move the whole thing over to Python.  I will let you know if I ever get around to this.

-Chris

Thank you so much Chris! It would be interesting to evaluate projects with a complete vision about the future climate change. I'll wait this useful implementation!

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service