Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

Hi,

I'm unsure about oppening a new discussion or add to an existing one (Revit import). Decided to add a new one, though they are related for my workflow.

i have an IDF file created with my own software. Trying to import using the IDF fails to import all definitions and as a result the simulation fails in HB. The specific items that are not imported relate to Shading Control on windows (Blinds or shades). Attached my original file (SingleOfficeTest). I used Mostapha's recent example (importIdf.gh) for the test. Deleting from the idf the shading control definitions let the simulation to work.

The second issue relates to the setEPZoneThresholds component. When you hook Cooling/Heating setpoint temperatures it fails to work complaining about 1. Solution exception:List

As usual: I'm missing something or there is a problem?

Thanks,

-A.

Views: 927

Attachments:

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Abraham, Of course you will find a bug in less than 24 hours! ;) Thanks-

You are right! It doesn't import shading controls. I will add it using your example file (https://github.com/mostaphaRoudsari/Honeybee/issues/225).

That was my bad. I missed that addition to "List"! Commented right now and should work fine.

Attached!

Mostapha

Attachments:

Made me laugh :-)

Thanks (and/or sorry),

-A.

:)

Abraham, I checked shading and blinds objects and we are partially supporting them right now but it will be quite bit of work to apply them in a clean way that can be used later on, as part of Honeybee. I'm thinking to work on some other features including 3-5 phase methods before getting to this, unless you tell me that this is really critical in your workflow. Let me know your thoughts.

Mostapha

Hi Mostapha,

Of course i can wait ... one more day :-)

As you are more excited dealing with the new features go ahead. In the meantime i'll just delete the faulty HB/IDF definitions to be enable to use my idfs with HB.

Thanks,

-A.

Thanks, and I will get this one in soon. Also I assume you don't do this manually, otherwise it is easy to change the code not to collect unsupported objects such as shading objects.

Hi Mostapha,

Unfortunately i do this manually. But i'll just ask the window not to be shaded.

Thanks,

-A.

Your time is more valuable to do that manually. I modified the component and the new version does it for you. Attached!

- Mostapha

Attachments:

Thanks Mostapha,

I don't want you to fix this anymore ... until you get your other tasks done.

The fix here don't work well. It doesn't collect some other information from the IDF that is needed for the simulation. As a result it fails (see attached).

I can create my idf without shades so it works fine. I need to clean manually just for existing files, so this is not so bad.

-A.

Attachments:

Kill me but the above example now works. Before E+ simulation crashed complaining about missing material definitions.

So forget about this.

But i've found another couple of things. It is with the readEPResult component. The normByFloorArea_ input. When it is False the results shown with the HB_ColorZones component are already in m2. Setting it to true gives also results by m2. The difference is that in the first case the legend says "kWh/mters2" and in the second 'kWh/m2".

Also when you hook the Legend output of the HB_ColorZones to a preview component it shows only the colored scale but not the text.

-A.

So sorry again.

Forget about this too.

What's happening is that when the HB_decomposeByType component preview is on (or the CustomPreview) then the legend text of the HB_ColorZones "dissapears", but ... when you rotate the view, looking from below, then you can see the text.

Weird, ah?

-A.

I was about to get depressed! ;)

The issue about the units looks like a bug. Should we add it to Github so Chris will know about it?

Oh nooooo.

Don't be.

I'll add the issue.

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service