NBBJ is expanding our Design Computation team again!
Are you passionate about parametric design and technology in architecture? Are you ready to work on exciting global project teams while shaping your local studio’s digital strategy? NBBJ’s Digital Practice group is currently seeking a Design Computation Leader in Shanghai and Seattle.
The ideal candidate:
- is an expert in the use of Grasshopper and parametric logic
- is competent in Revit and Dynamo
- is experienced with interoperability workflows
- is an enthusiastic learner ready to dive in and tackle new technologies, software, and coding languages
- is a skilled communicator both visually and verbally, able to express the value of computation to design teams, collaborators, and clients
- is deeply passionate about design, with strong opinions about the built environment and a polished portfolio of impactful work
- has experience and passion for teaching others to understand and use computational tools
- wants to be a key contributor to significant projects for some of the world’s most innovative companies like Google, Amazon, Samsung, the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, Massachusetts General Hospital, and Stanford University
- and most importantly is a strong leader and design computation advocate among peers
Bonus points for the candidate who:
- is competent in one or more text-based scripting languages including C#, Python, VB.Net, Java, Processing, or others
- has experience with Arduino or other microcontrollers
- has experience with interactive installation technology like Max/MSP, Ableton Live, TouchDesigner, or vvvv
Does this sound like you? We want to hear from you! Send your resume and portfolio to JoinDesignComputation@nbbj.com along with 10 reasons why you think we should hire you!