Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

Hi all,

I am running simulations where some fitness values are maximized and some are minimized, I am fine to get this working by inversing some of the values. The issue is when I am using the diamond fitness chart component to display these. Ideally I would like the "better" fitness values (either minimized or maximized) to be displayed as the largest diamond. As far as I know I can't seem to find a way to do this, as it always wants to show the smallest diamond for the "best" result. I thought about using inverse values and then selecting the "worst" performing ones but surely this doesn't work as it is still trying to optimize to find the smallest value. Was wondering if anyone knew a way around this.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Views: 49

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Tom,

The "Diamond Fitness Chart Component" is operating on the outputted fitness values from WallaceiX component and it does not play a role in the optimization problem as it is just a visualization component. By default, the smaller is the better in this component. Nonetheless, if you reverse the fitness values outputted from WallaceiX before inputting them to this component, and as you said choosing the worst ones (in fact it is the best ones) you should get what you are looking for. However, this is not what I recommend. 

We are extending the analytic components in the plugin and in future releases, we may include an option/toggle to reverse the way which the better solutions are drawn. 

Best,

Milad 

Hi Milad,

Thank you very much for your response. In that case I'll make do with how it is.

Cheers,

Tom

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Photos

• Add Photos

© 2019   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service