Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

Hi 

Nobody here has any problems with new version of honeybee?

even when I connect a simple Brep to Mass2Zone component, honeybee doesn't recognize the object.

could you please help me

regards

Views: 551

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

What is the error? Do you have an example file?

Hi
I tried on my previous files or started from the scratch, but in both situations, I got this error. this error appears in the first step, so none of my files works anymore

I will appreciate if you tell me what's wrong

thanks

Attachments:

You need to assign some brep. Right click on the brep and click on "set one brep" to select a brep from Rhino scene.

Hi Farzane, You need import brep from rhino again by right click on brep "set one brep" or set multiple brep" and internalise that. 

regards,

Omid.

Attachments:

I forgot to internalize it

you have assigned a Brep inside the grasshopper. I get this error when I use rhino based surfaces or volumes. even in your file if you bake the Brep and assign it again you get this error too. However, this is a good point to build my form in grasshopper instead of rhino, at least I can do my analysis in this way.

Thanks alot

sounds like internalizing data doesn't work for Brep component in my computer! after I open the file even though it is bright gray which means something should have assigned to it, I get this "Null Brep" message. however, I will appreciate if you try with this simple box that is attached as a .3dm file. 

regards

Attachments:

Please find attached.

Attachments:

so you don't get any errors with breps which are assigned from rhino?
like the attached file in my computer?

Attachments:

It works for me. Which version of rhino and grasshopper are you using?

It's better to use the last version of grasshopper also rhino.

Regards,

Omid.

Restart Rhino and Grasshopper (not only Grasshopper) and it should work fine. In theory recomputing the file should also do it. I believe you have an older file open which overwrite the honeybee library.

Even restarting the computer doesn't solve the problem or starting everything from the scratch in a new file, however, since I'm the only one who has got this problem maybe it is an internal issue with my system. as Omid suggested constructing the geometry inside the grasshopper works fine instead of importing from rhino, so i do my modeling in grasshopper.

Thank you all for your time and help

Farzane,

Did you check your grasshopper and rhino version?

Can you try to internalize with another component like geometry?

I believe the problem should be resolved, and it's not enough.

Good luck,

Omid.

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service