Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

Hello all, I'm very, very new to Karamba, so please forgive me if these are stupid/common questions. I tried googling but for some reason I couldn't find an answer.

Basically, I tried using the Karamba Mesh Breps component to mesh a trimmed surface with some arbitrary points included, but for some reason it keeps returning bad meshes with holes and non-manifold surfaces. So far the only work-around I've managed to find was to bake the bad mesh, fix it in Rhino by manually deleting the extra faces/filling the gaps, then bringing it back into grasshopper, but that's tiring and not very foolproof.

Has anyone else experienced this? How do I mesh breps properly? Alternatively, is there some way to fix meshes within grasshopper? 

I'll upload the rhino and gh files if necessary, but they're quite big and I feel like it's a pretty general problem I'm facing at the moment.

Thanks everyone!

Views: 663

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Claire,

Not sure what algorithm the Karamba meshing tool uses, but in the past we've used Piker's Meshmachine to create fair meshes before analysis. Available here or as part of Kangaroo 1 I believe (not sure if there is a K2 implementation).

Here is an example of an output for an open BRep with holes:

Hope this might help,

John.

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by