Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

All Discussions Tagged 'shell' (15)

← Back to Karamba3D
Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Ribbed shells

Hi there,  I'm trying to use Karamba iterating with a MOGA to create ribbed shells based on the bending stress analysis of a given initial…

Started by Jorge Christie

2 Mar 2, 2019
Reply by Jorge Christie

von Mises stress deviation in shells

For verification purposes in designing a large concrete dome I've compared the von Mises stress between the Karamba Utilization component (…

Started by Reese

1 Jul 2, 2018
Reply by Karamba3D

Questions raised when constructing a retaining wall in Karamba.

Hi everyone, we are 2 students currently writting our Bachelors thesis. In the project we are creating a retaining wall using Karamba and G…

Started by Jajjan

0 Apr 4, 2018

Orientation of shell elements

Hi,I was wondering if there is a simple way to orient shell elements in a curved mesh (see attached Figure). The only way I found was with…

Started by Matej Opacic

1 Nov 6, 2017
Reply by Karamba3D

Karamba, buckling problem about intermediate configurations

Hi everyone, I am trying to figure out how to get the intermediate configurations of a buckling beam under axial compression; the script I…

Started by Davide Girardi

4 Jun 21, 2017
Reply by Davide Girardi

Optimize cross section

Hello there, I am trying to optimize cross sections in the structure. I have two sets of members ( divided with member IDs A & B) and…

Started by Daniel

5 Apr 18, 2017
Reply by Karamba3D

Error in the shell calculations

For some reason the shell calculations have stopped working correctly. They worked previously and the utilization and stresses acted as exp…

Started by Lasse Rahbek

1 Feb 7, 2017
Reply by Lasse Rahbek

Concrete structure- Shell Utilization

Dear All, Using "Utilization Component" for shells, a list of numbers are produced as "util" output. I read in the previous discussions tha…

Started by Aryan Shahabian

3 Jan 26, 2017
Reply by Karamba3D

Load Visualization

Dear all, Could you please let me know how it is possible to visually see the loads applied on shells? I'm applying some mesh loads from di…

Started by Aryan Shahabian

1 Jan 19, 2017
Reply by Karamba3D

Does a cantilever exist in shell type structure?

Dear Karamba Team, I am using Karamba to do a hanging model and took the reference from your website: http://www.karamba3d.com/large-defor

Started by Lei Yang

4 Oct 10, 2016
Reply by Lei Yang

RSS

About

Translate

Search

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service