Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

Hi all,

This seems like a very simple problem but I can't figure out at all what is going wrong!

All I'm trying to do is create a material in a certain colour, then apply that material to a layer. But whenever I try this, the layer creation component won't recognise the material:

Is there something obvious I'm doing wrong? I have previously used this method successfully, although I no longer have access to the file.

For my actual project I have a model with a lot of elements from which I want to produce some renders where each element is a different colour, so baking and manually applying materials in Rhino is off the table. 

Thanks for your help,

Andrew

Views: 39

Replies to This Discussion

I've discovered the root of the problem - the Materials component doesn't appear to work in Rhino 6. 

I dug out another model where I did something similar successfully, and sure enough, it works fine on Rhino 5 but won't generate the material property in Rhino 6.

If necessary I can revert to Rhino 5 for this exercise but if anyone can think of another way around this I would be very grateful.

Thanks

Andrew

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Photos

• Add Photos

© 2018   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service