Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

Hi,

When baking this for GSA I get this message;

HRESULT: 0x80010105 (RPC_E_SERVERFAULT)

I'm not sure what it means. Can someone tell me?

Gr,

Peter

test26.3dm

test26.gh

Views: 1880

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Peter,

There's a couple of quirks with the GSA interaction by COM.  One is that the plugin needs to either start a new model (or open a model via com, right click ssiBake button) when it first interacts (shakes hands) with GSA.  The other is that this error will get thrown if you have manually closed a model (I guess I could add a similar means to close a model from Rhino).  If can avoid closing the model great.  If not, restarting Rhino (and maybe restarting GSA) should return things to normal.  I normally have GSA active as an application before I bake, if you are only accessing results from the solving components then the plugin will start GSA as a background application when it first sends data.

Does this make sense?

Cheers,

Jon

Hi Jon,

Yes it makes sense. It works. In GSA there is a difference compared to when the mesh is exported using ssiGSAMeshToGWA in Rhino. Here is the difference;

Properties after using COM:

After using ssiGSAMeshToGWA:

The 2D elements don't show in the first picture. I could not find other element properties in GeomGym which add this property. What causes the difference?

Gr,

Peter

Hi Peter,

If you use the menu Tools - Preferences in GSA, is the 2D element analysis ticked?

I think this property is only visible if the model contains these elements (as my export does) or if this option is enabled.

Cheers,

Jon

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service