Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

Dear All,

Viper has been updated to work with EnergyPlus version 7.0.  In order to use the new version, please download E+ 7.0 and then run the new DIVA installer on our website.

The Grasshopper assembly will install in C:\DIVA (not the desktop).  Be sure to copy it into your GH Components folder.

Version 1.901: Changes / Bug Fixes

• The Grasshopper components have moved from "Extra" to a new "DIVA" tab.
  • Viper now requires EnergyPlus 7.0.
  • The Program, Location, and Metrics buttons on Viper have been replaced by a single Settings form.
  • New options in the Settings form include:

o   Run period selection (annual, custom date entry, or typical / extreme

days and weeks pulled from the weather file).

o   EnergyPlus simulation parameters (timesteps / hour, solar distribution,

and shadow calculation frequency and overlap).

o   Outdoor air temperature output

o   Hourly, daily, monthly, and annual reporting periods.

• SQL output is now produced with each simulation (file path output by Viper)
  • Viper daylighting control point placement bug has been corrected for files not in meter units.
  • Read Results DXF geometry scale has been corrected for files not in meter units.
  • Reporting period button added to Read Results component.

Please report any problems / thoughts / wish-list items.  Happy simulations!

-Jon

Views: 1113

Replies to This Discussion

Hi 

I am trying to use the diva 1.901 plugin and the viper giving me an error "csv file not found"

Do you have any idea.

Thank you 

Hi Mohamed,

Have you installed EnergyPlus version 7.0?  Do any other warnings appear? If you want to send me your file I can have a look.

-Jon

Hi Jon,

Thank you for your quick reply.

No I used to use Energyplus 6 but I installed the EP7 but I still get the same error.

Can you tell me which version of grasshopper I should use, I have version 08.0052.

Thank you 

Mohamed,

Try upgrading to the current GH build (0.8.0063).  And, if you can, use Rhino 4.0 SR9.  If you're still getting the error, send me a note and we'll troubleshoot.

Jon

I did but now I get other errors 

please find attached the files.

Thank you .

Attachments:

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by