Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

Hi All,

Posting a revised GH assembly here with a couple bug fixes.

DIVA.ForGrasshopper v1.902

- Viper's zone closure test was rejecting some closed geometries; this is fixed (I hope...).

- If Viper had to autocorrect the orientation of a zone surface, it would would write contained window vertices in the wrong direction; this is fixed.

- Viper was throwing an error with triple glazed custom Window Units; this is fixed.

- For custom U-Value/SHGC/VT window units, Viper was writing U-values in imperial units in the IDF (oops!); this is fixed.

- The legend component was disappearing upon saving and reopening a file; this is fixed.

More updates / fixes coming...

Jon

Views: 816

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Jon, 

I now use the new GH assembly v1.902, but I get an error solution exception: Index was outside the bounds of the array.

I tried to run old files that used to work but now I get the same error. 

Thank you

Hi Mohamed,

Is EnergyPlus launching?  If not, try replacing the file C:\EnergyPlusV7-0-0\DIVA_RunEnergyPlus.bat with this one.

Jon

no it does not 

I did replaced it and I still get the same error

OK, if EnergyPlus isn't launching then something is awry with the EPlus batch files.  I opened the rhino and gh files you sent me, and everything works fine on my end, so it's not a geometry problem.  Can you send me the IDF file you're generating, the weather file you're using, and the file "C:\EnergyPlusV7-0-0\DIVA_for_Grasshopper.bat"?

Do you have an idea where could be my problem ?

I used this weather file but I tried to use the Boston one.

Attachments:

Ok, I see an issue with the IDF, but I'm not sure it's what's causing your problem yet...  Do you get an error file (.err) in your project folder after trying to run Viper?  If so, what does it say?

-Jon

Yes it is full of sever errors i attached the folder itself with all what i get. 

Thank you 

Attachments:

Did you found a solution? I get the same error! Energyplus IS running, but not for long.. 

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service