algorithmic modeling for Rhino
Excuse me for my googlenglish and if I do not follow the "doctrines" of the group.
Due of the interest for publications of Piker and mine about games with Kangaroo, i think that would be fun and interesting make a challenge of games between all the community. Look here.
To all of us like games. There are many ways to make it, and isn't something that takes a long time. Essentially only need a good idea.
Therefore, if you want to participate, you will be subject to these rules:
1. You must publish the Grasshopper definition, without cluster with passwords.
2. Can not compete with a file already published.
3. May judge the whole community, but once finished the date of delivery and they must follow these bonuses:
- Playability. More entertaining, better.
- Originality. Classic, modern or new games adapted to Gh.
- Divergence. Thinking differently, usual components used for other reasons.
- Master. If you learn from its definition, reward it.
- Simplicity. Not necessarily less components, rather a clear logic.
- Smoothness. Should be quick, no need to rent a supercomputer.
The deadline is November 30. From 1 to December 15, all we can score / value, with 3, 2 and 1 points to the first, second and third respectively. Who has the highest score on 16, wins the challenge.
Have 15 days to present your game with grasshopper! Put your wits to the challenge!
I know this challenge is already over but here is a new game adaptation anyway: Snake.
Just a project to get to know Hoopsnake - I hope you like it :)
That looks very nice Marc!
Would you post the gh file as well so we can give it a try?
Sure, although I have to warn you: It's a pretty terrible hack-job all around and it might even crash GH. On top of that there are bunch of known bugs and performance issues I'm too lazy to fix, as I consider this proof-of-concept to be done. Anyway, you have been warned... ;)
Known bugs and performance issues:
Have fun nevertheless and be sure to post your highscore! Mine is 24!
Update: 45! ;)
Since this challenge was never closed, I think this is a good place to post another game I created, the 70's classic "Mastermind".
The definition uses only native GH components and 2 custom ones (citations inside definition). There is no need for additional plugins.
The game needs to write 2 text files on your hard drive in order to work. I have chosen C: as the default path. You can locate & delete the files after you are done playing.
The text inside some of the panels might not be fully visible if you have changed the default fonts settings.
More info (+game rules) inside the definition.
ps. any bug reporting or general feedback is more than welcome!
Hey guys thanks a lot,
Victor Leung & Remy (RMDeveloppements) for TxtWriter
Very good work !
Thanks again for this great component Remy,
it actually solved the most crucial part of the definition (score keeping & game saving), with which I was fighting for days!