Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

Lines and surfaces split into line segments or arcs when exporting to dxf

Hi Everyone

Thomas thank you for this awesome plugin.  It's really simple to use! 

I have been putting together a gh definition (attached) based on a tutorial (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H622kgtJ-tw)  

The problem I have is that when I export the baked waffle to a dfx file for machining the lines or surfaces or curves get split into tiny line segments and or arcs. 

This is only a problem when I use the grasshopper definition not when I use the Rhino Bowerbird BBwaffle. 

I've added a join curves command after my make boundary surface command. It didn't help.

I also tried changing my export to DXF into CAM Metric, that didn't work.

I also tried export surfaces as solids. That didn't help.  

Any ideas or is my definition just wrong? 

 

Views: 389

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks, I'm in Vancouver now working in the film industry as a designer but still have my set building company in South Africa. 

My more recent design work is on my website. Hoping to do a whole bunch of parametric stuff in the next few weeks!  

https://seanpretorius.wixsite.com/mysite-sean/just-for-fun

I'll keep an eye out for your updates on LinkedIn!  

Cool website, Sean. You should design a starship for the new Star Trek Discovery series!

Lol yes exactly, tell that to the producers!!  

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Photos

  • Add Photos
  • View All

Videos

  • Add Videos
  • View All

© 2019   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service