Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

Hi,
This is my first post.

I'm working in a proyect called "Natural patterns through generative design with structural purposes" in wich I need to replicate the venation of Victoria Amazónica's leaf (image attached) in Grasshopper.

I have discarded venation algorithms and programation since I'm going to try to parameterize venation geometrically (more simplify and easy).

Can you help me to improve this first definition I made in order to achieve a similar Victoria Amazónica's venation pattern? (steps are defined in spanish)

Thank you so much,

I appreciate any help.

Views: 1704

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

I have discarded venation algorithms...

Well ... that's the first BIG mistake. This is impossible to do without recursion (and for a "realistic" result you'll need a very fast machine).

I have a "similar" (recursion on proximity) def that could been modified to do what you want (and replacing Line connections with Curves using the likes of Surface.ShortPath Method [VERY SLOW]). Using these Curves as rails and going to "solids" with decreasing radii ... well ... that's not very simple (nor it's fast) but the main thing is to get the recursion working on a given random points collection deployed on a Sphere (and/or Sphere's interior) or some "Sphere like" blob Brep.

See some screenshots (lot's of "options" available) for that recursion on proximity mentioned (but is not written for results like the ones that you are after).

BTW: Forgot to mention that my good friend Tom (Jankowski: a very smart German who likes Ducatis) did a classic Swarm "variation" on that matter.

Shown a version of the C# captured above + Tom's stuff.

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service