Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

TT Toolbox includes tools for Excel interoperability, structural design, Grasshopper & Rhino data management, and a .dwg file creator.

The Advanced Computational Modeling Group at Thornton Tomasetti is pleased to announce an updated release of our TT Toolbox plug-in for grasshopper.  This release features a re-write of our ‘Write To Excel’ components, a few new tools we’ve been working on, and a handful of minor improvements and bug fixes. Below is a video of the ‘Write To Excel’ component streaming an entire data tree into an Excel spreadsheet, and applying conditional formatting.

Also included in TT Toolbox: Excel read and write components, a Structural Section Sweeper, a Safe Delete component (which identifies non-referenced Rhino geometry), a .dwg file creator, a unit converter, some GH data management components (match tree structure, retrieve tree branch by index, retrieve tree item by index), a Curve Type identifier, a component that gets the user defined name of referenced Rhino Geometry, a component that culls duplicate lines within a tolerance, and a component that sorts curves along a direction curve.

Head over to our Food4Rhino page, and give the Toolbox a shot!  The download contains sample files showing how the tools work in practice (including the file shown in the video above), and a primer that provides additional documentation.  As always - bug reports, feature requests, and general feedback is appreciated!

Views: 5711

Replies to This Discussion

Can't wait to start incorporating this into my model... look like exactly what I wanted for my next step. wow thanks

started playing with TTtoolbox now... excelllent

I'm having a problem getting the CADExporter component to create named layers in the .dwg file from Gh input. Currently when I export the .dwg only has one layer and it is named whatever Rhino layer happened to be active when I exported from Gh. I'm attaching an example of my Gh definition, the .dwg output, and my "desired" .dwg output which I manually corrected. I have played around with the list structures for the various inputs (grafting, flattening, simplifying, etc.) to see if that would help, but to no avail. I had the same result when I tried the example file you supplied with the TTtoolbox download, so I'm guessing maybe its an issue with AutoCAD?

I am running Rhino 5-64bit, Gh 0.9.0056, and Acad 2014 on a Win 7-64bit machine.

Thanks.

Attachments:

Hi,

I am having trouble with the ReadXL component in your toolbox. I get the error:

1. Solution exception:Could not load file or assembly 'TToffice, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

I have all the TTToolbox components in my <user>\AppData\Roaming\Grasshopper\Libraries folder, and have closed and restarted Rhino and Grasshopper. The TTToolbox menu shows up.

Thanks,

Eric

Hey Eric,

Make sure you've unblocked the TToffice.dll file along with the TTToolbox.gha.  That is the most common reason for that error.

Cheers,

Ben

Hi Ben,

I get a similar problem but can't seem to solve it:

1. Solution exception:Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel, Version=14.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

How can I check if it's unblocked or not? I tried right clicking and looking in properties but there's no unblock button...

Siemen

Dear All

Can you help me to solve this problem

Attachments:

Ben, for some reason Write to Excel (WriteXL) component opens up a new instance of excel file it is supposed to write to every time definition recalculates. Do you know why that is the case? I'm using latest TT version 1.7

i have the same problem!
if you figured i out i could need the help

Hi Jens.

Could you please attach an example file in which the problem occurs?

Thanks,

Emil

The included Brute Force Solver saved a large project of mine when trying to list a series of input values for slider inputs that then failed to propagate via tree structures into lists of outputs. Brute Force tricked the script into moving actual sliders and then triggering a file bake and save each change.

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service