Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

I'm trying to write a set of custom components, in C#, that will allow someone to control grasshopper through a MIDI controler. For example I have a Korg Nano Kontrol:

I was able to get a prototype of controlling Grasshopper with MIDI working earlier, but honestly what I had setup was kind of a hack. So now I'm trying to create a set of true custom Midi Controller components that would be easy for someone to reuse.

However, I'm stuck trying to figure out how I can trigger the solution to recalculate. I'm able to get values to change when I rotate a knob, but the changes aren't apparent in Grasshopper or the model until I manually click the rebuild button.

GH_Document.NewSolution() or GH_Document.ScheduleSolution() appear to be what I need to call, but I'm also not sure how I can even get a reference to the current GH_Document?

Views: 8662

Replies to This Discussion

Mark,

Here's my code.

https://bitbucket.org/ericanastas/grasshopper-midi

It's been almost 7 years since I've looked at this, so I doubt I can be much more help. I never did get anywhere with the continuous update problem.

- Eric Anastas

I am also trying to find out how to do this? If you have figured it out please let me know as I have an event coming up soon that I need it for.

Thanks!

Dawn

Show Technology

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service