Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

Is there a way to entwine multiple levels of branches, then split them back to their original state? It seems to work with 2 levels but not 3..

Thanks!

Views: 816

Replies to This Discussion

Can you post the GH file please?

--

David Rutten

david@mcneel.com

sorry - here it is.

Attachments:

To clarify, this idea works when I have 2 trees entwined, but fails when I add another pair of trees to an additional entwine component.  I would ultimately like to add even more to the input/ outputs if I can find a way to do it. Any help would be appreciated.

thanks!

Attachments:

The problem here is that entwine flattens every input before it merges them. So it basically destroys whatever tree structure you input. I've added a component option to Entwine that allows grafting or flattening (it will be part of the next release). I don't think it solves the problem though. And I haven't been able to think of a good way of solving this without a lot of custom path typing.

--

David Rutten

david@mcneel.com

Using the new Graft/Flatten option it can be done like this, but it may not be what you want:

--

David Rutten

david@mcneel.com

Yes, that might get confusing for me - I'll be using hundreds of items so need to keep them separated in groups. I think I'll go with the attached method - it's not perfect but workable.

thanks for your help.

Attachments:

Hi David,

I cannot find this approach in GH 0.9.0075 is this coming soon or am I missing something

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service