Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

Would anyone be so kind as to offer a reason 'Surface Split' is returning an invalid surface.  Is there a work around for this.  My goal is to trim the surface at the ground plane.  Thank you in advance for any help you might be able to offer.

Stan

Views: 1493

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Stan, I don't know why this doesn't work, but I can tell you SplitBrep does. (Intersect > Shape tab)

Edit: If you shrink the trimmed surface it'll work.
Try a vb component with:
If x.Faces.ShrinkFaces() Then
A=x
End If

Thank you Pieter for taking the time to help me.  I have looked into it further.  Apparently when I find the intersection using BBX, for some reason the intersecting line is not long enough.  If I 'extend (smooth method)' the intersection line, the new longer line is successful in returning a valid surface.  So my guess is that there is possibly a bug with the BBX intersection component.  That being said, I like your solution better.  Thank you.

That edit was not true... I was moving your plane at the same time and accidentally hit a sweet spot where it worked, but then it worked for the unshrunk trimmed surface too. My bad.

That is weird.

Like Peter said SplitBrep works and you can also try TrimSolid, after extruding the plane with -z direction to have your trimming shape (brep)

Thanks Alex.

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service