Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

Hi All,

I'm working on a masterplan looking at the outdoor comfort performance of its streets and pavements.

I'm using the Honeybee microclimate map tools as the basis for this but wondered if there's any way of reusing the viewFactorInfo without having to recalculate every-time I open the GH file.

For a sense of scale I'm trying to determine the view factor between approximately 30000 points and 450 surfaces - which (according to some wild extrapolation) would take around 2.5 hours on my machine to calculate.

I though of perhaps writing the viewFactorInfo to file to reload - but as its stored in IronPython.Runtime.List format this is proving a bit more difficult even with Giulio's handy conversion script.

Does anyone have any other suggestions about how to either speed up the calculation process or serialising the output to re-load later?

Views: 418

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Tristan,

Federico's suggestion of a subdivided polysurface into the _distFromFlrOrSrf input should give you the control that you need for the time being.  I realize that it's not much work for me to add the ability to plug in your own custom mesh to the _distFromFlrOrSrf input.  This will just make the component a bit more flexible and I'll try to implement this when I add the functionality to write the viewFactorInfo to a file:

https://github.com/mostaphaRoudsari/honeybee/issues/634

-Chris

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service