Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

A self-normalizing staircase.

This example shows a possible way to build a self-normalizing distribution of objects along a spline curve. The base curve is used to position steps at equal intervals and also the elements for the railing.

The definition file is attached:

Views: 13579

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

Umm, this file will not open with the current version of grasshopper for some reason. I have 0.5.0099 is there a newer one? or did I do something wrong?
Yes, there is a 0.6 version on the What's New category in the discussions.
i have tried to recreate something similar by myself, but i ran to the problem the endpoint component outputs are not sufficient for creating spline through them, using version 0.6. (the new version of spline become to picky and its not satisfied with the points i gave to her... stubborn spline...)
That's a great example!

Based in the ideas from your definition, I created a spiral staircase inspired on the one from the Vatican's Museum.

The definition is a bit rough - I'm certain it can be simplified. Hope you like it!
Attachments:

Hi, dear frieds!

Can you help me?
I'm impressed with the quality o
f parameterized staircase that you have done!
I am studying the Grasshopper and still can not get a ladder!
Can you help me with algorithms?
I'm trying to do the exercise based on the video (stair generative whith grasshooper), but I'm not following.

I thought it would be easy, but I was wrong.

I want to draw a staircase that can adapt to different heights between the planes as if they were of different heights land. I'm not getting ...

This is an exemple:
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHODByqogfY&list=UUMsFCnV0Jxt6u...)

Thank you! Best regards!

Attachments:

Do you know the best way to add a nosing profile to the stair? through sweeps?

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service