Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

Hi guys,

I need to get a clean mesh before plugging my mesh into the kangaroo2 solver.

I achieved a nice result with the MeshMachine but it makes my script extremely heavy, probably due to the real-time updates of the component.

I also find really rough the way I had to create a surface from boundaries and then a mesh on which I don't have much control.

Does anyone have a better way to get to the same result (mesh on the right) in a more elegant way? I don't really need the MeshMachine to be dynamic but just to run once and give that clean mesh as an output, maybe the Remesh component would do but I didn't manage to make it work properly.

Is it possible to cut the holes in the mesh without having to make a surface before, maybe it could save me some usless steps.

Thanks for your help!

Views: 7427

Replies to This Discussion

I actually helped someone recently with a modified version of MeshMachine that runs without the timer and just outputs the final result.

This is attached below, along with a demo definition.

This isn't an official release as such - I've been looking at a much bigger reshuffle of the remeshing capabilities, but hopefully this helps in the meantime.

You just tell it how many iterations you want it to perform - the example above takes around 0.5s for 100 iterations.

Attachments:

Wow Daniel this is exactly what I was looking for and it works very nicely! It is also much lighter than the dynamic one

Thanks!!

Daniel, would it be cool if you update MeshMachine as a separate plugin, including both modes, and maybe it can be used from scripting? Maybe add some other components that will replace the inputs  BScale, BDist and SizP, SizV to have a more understandable and with more possibilities of functionality? And why is the reason not to internalize the Plankton output?

This component is one of my tops, it deserves to be a plugin of its own in the mesh tab maybe! :)

Hi Daniel,

do you think there is a way to modify meshmachine in order to set valency for the boundary vertices? I need to define a mesh with specific requirements but I don't know if there are any tools that do this, 

Thank you

I've gotten around this by first finding a remeshed solution (stopping mesh machine when found), and then passing the result into a mesh parameter - the contents of which can be internalized (right-click, Internalize data). This saves the mesh inside and disconnects it from MM, allowing it to run smoothly in K2.

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service