Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

Please post any questions you might have here... Thanks!

Views: 11342

Replies to This Discussion

I dont think it helps... Which version of Excel do you have installed?

I have 2010.

Hi Group, 

I am having trouble using the Write Data feature. To write to Google Docs. I have built a test document in GH and so far I cannot get the data to write in a GS. How can I solve this?

I have linked the gmail account. inside the @ sign

Hi, you need to actually use the 'Credentials' component to connect to your gmail account once. 

Hi Kris.
From my understanding you need Microsoft excel installed. I think the plugin uses it to create and read the files.
Please anyone correct me if
I am wrong

Tim, Kris, you don't need Excel installed to write to the Google spreadsheets. But you would need to set the 'run' trigger to true. Otherwise it looks correct - provided that a spreadsheet named 'GH' actually exists in your google drive already.

Jonatan, Tim. Thanks for your responses. The run trigger is set to true and on the write data tool. All of the input texts are set to a clean worksheet and spreadsheet w/ the right names.

Is there something I need to do in Google spreadsheets? I cant look at the build code for the Tool any leads there?

Kris, take a look at the image I posted to reply to you earlier in this threat. You NEED to use the credentials component in this definition in order to establish a connection to your google account, before you can write to it.

Hello,

I'm trying to save data using the WriteXL component and am getting this error. I am using Office 2007, but it seems as though GH is trying to open a newer version of Excel.

I used to have the same error until I unblocked the TTtoolbox.dll file. Now the component works with no errors.

Hi Chad,

First try what CD2005 said below by Unblocking the .dll's

You can do this by going to where you installed TT Toolbox, and right clicking each of the TT Toolbox files individually and in the properties choose "Unblock".  Also make sure that the .dll files are located in the same folder that the TTToolbox.gha file is located. 

Let us know if that doesn't fix the issue.

RSS

About

Translate

Search

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service