Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

Please post any questions you might have here... Thanks!

Views: 11328

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Matthew, I too have a need for a layered dxf export solution for fabbing. I've searched and it seems TT Toolbox is the closest to making this happen. I have multiple wood panel components that have multiple operations on each piece (drilling, pocketing, outside profile, etc.) and, like Leo says, each operation requires a separate layer for the cam software to read properly. Is this still on the to do list?

thanks for a great plug in!

Thanks for the note, unfortunately that fell way down in our development list at the moment.  However it may be something we approach at some point. 

In the interim take a look at Andrew Heumann's Human Tools.  He has some really awesome tools for gaining access to your Rhino Layers Table that will allow you to set and bake attributes and layers to your geometry.  From there it is a simple export to CAD.  

Not an automated process into CAD, but it should certainly help for now.

Thanks for the response - I'll give that a try.

cheers

has this been addressed at all by any chance?

will the write to excel object work with an excel version as old as 2003 ? thanks -ethan

Hi Ethan, we currently only support Excel 2007 and 2010. Regards, Jonatan 

thanks for your reply!

Hi,

I'm trying to use the Read Excel Sheet tool and when I hook up the boolean toggle to the tool it has a runtime error -- "solution exception: could not load file or assembly 'TToffice, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified."

I have a file path which I think is correct. aka -- I navigated to it through the file path module and I can find the file. 

I did unblock the plugins, but maybe I'm missing something else?

Thank you so much for any input you might have.  I used the gHowl spreadsheet reader last summer and it worked, but I couldn't get it to work this spring either. I am using a different computer.  Is there some obvious thing I haven't downloaded to the new versions of Rhino and Grasshopper?

Thank you so much for your time!

Catherine

Hi Catherine, it sounds as if the TToffice.dll is not in the same folder as the TTToolbox.gha file, or as if TToffice is still blocked by Windows. Could you confirm that all of the dlls are unblocked and int he same folder as the TTToolbox plugin? Thank you, Jonatan

Hi Jonathan,

Sorry -- spring break intervened....

I have unblocked all the files, and the TToffice.dll is in the same folder as the TTToolbox.gha. Its the components file -- so there are lots of other files in the same folder.  Do they need to be in their own folder?

cph

hmmm... no, this sounds correct... These two files have to be in the components directory, together with any other plugins that you may have downloaded. It still doesn't work?

No -- keeps turning red and has the same error message.  I tried putting them back in a TToolbox folder in the components directory and that didn't help either.

Should I try re-downloading?

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service