Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

Hi guys,

Anyone knows what is the proper approach to modeling this (attached)?

Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks

Views: 6986

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

Hi ,

I am looking for logic/method to create multiple cubes inside a big box with sizes of 3,6,9,12 in relation to the attr points( with no overlaps and voids).pls let me know how i can acheive that.

Hmm ... one approach (I'm thinking out of the blue - no attempt is made) is to voxelize something like this:

into these:

and then ... er ... hmm ... start uniting voxels according the attractor(s). This means that some voxels could be added in order to fill the gaps (collections bigger than one voxel) and that makes the whole thingy a bit nightmare (probably unsolvable without serious packing algorithms - IF it's solvable anyway). But this approach IS stupid.

Anyway get this that does skin or volume (one size) voxels or ultra stupid mini trusses (how stupid this may be? he he) and have(?) faith(???).

BTW: be aware of this (thus use the Brep OR the "equivalent" mesh via MeshMachine):

Note: Load Rhino file first (for the test cases).

Attachments:

I definitely think Peter's approach is quite fun and flexible as a design instrument. If you're looking for pure voxelisation, then you can use Mateusz Zwierzycki's Mesh Tools (which are really super useful anyway):

http://www.grasshopper3d.com/group/milkbox/forum/topics/mesh-pipe-a...

BTW: David have you encountered "omissions" (MIA meshes from the resulting Array, that is) when using this method?:

Depending on mesh topology the Method "omits" some stuff (but it works OK when splitting an egg like thing: concave + no holes, whilst partially fails when the egg is "drilled"). I was thinking to replace this with the (no IEnumerable) Plane method ... but then other things occurred an this poor C# is left with this rather serious Rhino bug unaddressed.

Hello C-ham,

test this definition and see if it suits you.

What it does:

creates a 3d grid that covers the given shape,

removes the points that are outside the shape,

draws cubes on the remaining points.

ps. try to work with a mesh, it is much faster and stable!

Attachments:

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Photos

• Add Photos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service