Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

Okay, so I have a façade I populated with a given, manually created geometry (glazing panel, mullions...) Now I have an array of morphed façade modules, each one a different size, that I want to orient into a given surface for fabrication and specification.
The thing is, when a geometry is morphed using the "box morph" component, all elements merge into a single data branch within the morph tree, hence behaving as a "single object" when orienting (see attached pic)
I guess my question would be: is it possible to have the "box morph" component outputting each panel in a different data branch?

phew.. hope I was clear enough

Views: 852

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

I guess my question would be: is it possible to have the "box morph" component outputting each panel in a different data branch?

You could connect it to a dispatch component to have the morphed elements separated.
Thanks Lars!
I tried the dispatch option and didn't work (or didn't figure out a way to use it for my purposes). But I finally figured it out. It was just a matter a recreating the branches and making them match with the destination surface frames.
Hi Dario.
Interesting........could you please explain how you recreated the branches to make thenm match ????
Alright, let me see.
I have a cross referenced box morph component with 60 elements in the same data branch. I want to filter these into 20 groups of three elements (the amount of geometries in the morph)
Thus I need an interval grabbing these elements from 0 to 2, from 3 to 5 and so on. Now is just a matter of using two series components and basic maths to fill this interval with the proper numbers.
See attached image for further detail
Attachments:
I thought you needed to divide the morphed elements to separate lists.

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service