Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

A discussion thread for posting questions and examples relating to Analysis model generation in Grasshoper to Oasys GSA.

Wouter Brok raised the question here http://www.grasshopper3d.com/xn/detail/2985220:Comment:619778?xg_so... about how to generate an element capable of tension resistance only.

Tie elements are available in GSA to emulate cables and tensile rods.  They can be generated in the Geometry Gym plugin be assigning the Beam type in the Beam Attributes component.  Model attached.

Note this will force the GSA solver to use a non linear solver to enforce this.  If you're confident your loading scenarios will only induce tensile forces, you can still use the static solver by setting a bar element (and then verifying manually no compression force exists).

Views: 11097

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

Hello Jon, I tried to use the 110604 force density to do the form finding analysis, but as I opened the file, all other components seemed working fine except for the ggGSAformfinding one, as it gave this warning: 

1. Could not load file or assembly 'Interop.Gsa_9_0, Version=9.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. at GGYM.Structure.StructureAnalysisModel.(BakeOptions )
at GGYM.ggGHUtil.formFind(BakeOptions bakeOptions, Boolean closeFile, Int32 task, List`1 prestress, List`1 tasks, List`1 extractResults, List`1 results)
at GGYM.GH.Structure.ssiFormFinding.SolveInstance(IGH_DataAccess DA)

I do have the latest GSA in my computer, as well as Bullant, and GS plugin for grasshopper, I was wondering what could be the cause of this?

Hi Ryan, 

Sorry, there was a problem with the installed.  I just updated the links on the downloads page at www.geometrygym.com  Let me know if that doesn't resolve the issue.

Cheers,

Jon

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service