Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

i have been a Generative Components user for a long time and only an occasional grasshopper user. but i have been using it more and though i would start to port my C# libraries over. the first one is a minimal surface generator. i will release it as soon as i get 2 bugs worked out. 
here are some screen shots. the calculations are fast enough for real time feedback which is good. 

the plugin takes 4 boundary curves and stretches a minimal surface between them (think of the 4 curves as wires you dip in soap like frei otto) 

after i finish this i may port over a plugin that can read maya nParticles in real time and display them as point clouds with all the extra data (acceleration, speed, size, color...)

Views: 11276

Replies to This Discussion

i was able to get grasshopper to create the a tetragonal disphenoid and then into rhombic dodecahedron. this was inspired from Ken Brakke work with surface evolver.

Nice :) when can we expect it ;)

Best,

Adel
very soon as i was able to get one bug out of the way (thanks to this forum). the other bug should not take long, there is just a counting error somewhere and it should not be there since it works fine in GC!
Great :) Looking forward to it ..
Looking forward to give it a try!
i am releasing the first iteration of the minimal surface generator. you can get the file on my site at

http://www.cerver.org/?page_id=5

enjoy,
post any problems you have in this thread.
-robert
very handy! thanx for sharing it
just tried it. it's a lot of fun!
thanks!
Pretty nice module. Works fine.

Is there a chance to enhance this edge curve module to also utilize curves on a curve
and making it work similar to a curve network node?
it should work fine with curves on a curve. the module just needs 4 curves.
I'm going to try It! Seems that it doesn't work with the 0.6.0059 version. I can't see the scripting component!

The archive contains an unrecognized object: Minimal Surface {9c51b5b7-be26-4135-a7c6-dd8fbed3806d}

This object cannot be deserialized

Many thanks!!!
hi carlo

i have installed it with 06.0059 no problem
you had copied the gha into grasshopper/component?

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service