Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

Hi 

I'm studing this def of digital toolbox

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6O61dMrCN0U&context=C38bd371ADO...

I recreated the def and find no problem on the waffle part.

Unfortunately I can't see my section oriented on the surface...

Can't understand where is the problem because I follow each step of tutorial...

I attach 3ds and gh files.

Thanks for your help!

Aldo   

Views: 1472

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

Maybe I wasn't clear with the question...the problem is that my definition didn't work properly because I can't see the sections that I need to cut on a horizontal plane.

Hi Aldo! You are getting null section curves hereBecause your closed breps doesnt intersect with planes (see pic). I have oriented closed breps Without section step. Regards

Attachments:

Lucas thank you as usual!

Now I have my section well oriented. I baked the section and than checked the connection beetween them. I don't know why but seems that the wholes beetween sections doesn't work well as you can see. I think is because of the bounding box that I use to cut.

What you think?

Thank you!

Attachments:

Thank you sifiss! I opened your def there are solid difference and region difference components that aren't connected to anything. To see how it works have I to open the cluster? Because like this the twi curve and brep components doesn't collect anything.

For sure I'm makin a mistake (maybe with the firs brep...don't know!)

I try to work with a different geometry (taken by Kangaroo and weaverbird).

I created a mesh and than made it thicken with weaverbird.

Now doesn't seem to work the waffle part!

Attachments:

still didnt watch at waf 1. And somenthing happens at the solid difference because one rib is missed (maybe a bug??)

Your firs deff doesnt work because it isnt a cube, your def moves geometry to one point to difference there but geometry needs middle point of every intersection... Watch my deff to see what i mean. Cheers!

Attachments:

Now with your mesh!! ;)

No rib missed in this case.

Attachments:

thx lucas! I'm workin on it right now! always great help!!!

lucas this is your def a little bit changed. It give me some problem with the last component! thx for you help!

Attachments:

Im sorry Aldo but its the same situation as in the post where i said it could be a bug. i cant help you here and will be nice if someone could show us what happen here or if we should post it on errors and bugs.

RSS

About

Translate

Search

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service