Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

Hi . Is there a possible syntax for the List Item component such that it allows for groups of items to be selected? So far I can select a single group but can I select for more than one grouping?

So if I have a flat list of 9 items 0 to 8, I can select

but can I select

'

for instance?

Thanks

Gavin

Views: 871

Replies to This Discussion

Hello Gavin

are you after this?

Hi Alex.

Thanks for your quick reply. Your solution fixes my problem and it exposes the next step in the issue, which to attempt the selection of index numbers on a pattern basis. As you can tell I have 9 items to select from in a given order to allow me to create plines and then Boundary surfaces. but there are a large number of orders (sequences) in which I can select the points: for any given point I can select in either one of two 'directions" to derive 4 points or 5 point names which I need to construct a pline. I am not entirely sure how I can apply patterns to select the points.

Hopefully this clear, and again, thanks for your help.

Regards,

Gavin

Attachments:

I am not sure i understand what you are after

what are the rules for the patterns? If you are trying to solve from any starting point many different combinations of point groups, perhaps iterative approach would suit best, like anemone

Hi Gavin

My secret sources informed me that you want to cross the Rubicon (and become a freak, he he).

So ... do you want something from the other side?

best, Julius

Hi Peter thanks for the encouragement and thanks for your good work. I wondering if this link:  http://www.grasshopper3d.com/forum/topics/sorting-and-grouping-of-p...

provides an answer to my question from a C# perspective? I probably can't get into C# without a lot of what a friend of mine describes as  "Goodbye World" type practices first.

Regards,

Gavin

Hi Gavin

It's all about that Rubicon thingy you know ... cross that river and well ... welcome to the asylum.

Get this that I've modified especially for you.

PS: In fact ... hello world.

take care, best, Julius

Attachments:

Any reason why you need to go down the winding of selecting a bunch of Vertices from a flat list, if you could instead just isotrim the base surface and select whatever subsurface, you like?

Hi Hannes (and Alex). Sorry for the delay in getting back to your quick replies. To be sure I really don't know my grasshopper components well and I appreciate your pointing out otherwise appropriate and helpful solutions. In a way your answer helps me but I'm not sure though if my question gets answered. I don't have a particular application in mind so the question remains one of interest. Given that flat list of 9 points, there are at least (I think) 36 variations of point order and selection, all bounded by the 9 index numbers so I'm wondering if there is a kind of prima facia pattern mask that will express all the variations without employing a loop solution. I hope this clarifies my question.

Regards,

Gavin

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service