Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

1. You downloaded Ladybug, Installed it but as soon as you drag a component into the canvas you see something similar to this:

You probably don't have GHPython installed on your system. Download GHPython and install it and it should work fine.

2. You still see the image above in case 1 however you have GHPython already installed. What about that?

In this case probably the GHA component is blocked. Find GHPython.GHA on your system (usually at: C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Grasshopper\Libraries) . Right click, go to properties and select unblock.

To make sure that GHPython is working fine on your system open the attachment file (testGHPython.gh). You should see something similar to the image below on your screen when you open the file:

If you see the something similar you should be fine to go! Try to open one of the example files.

3. You have Ladybug running but in some of the case the output is missing. You see something similar to this:

or this

This one is because you are using old version of GHPython. Close the file without saving. Download the new version and install it and re-open the file. It should work fine now.

Hope it helps,

Mostapha

Views: 24854

Attachments:

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Mostafa,
I have the problem as well , when I drag the ladybug ,its color become red and I tried all GHPythons;-( I could not actually work with it .please let me know ii I could solve the problem
Attachments:

Hi Mehrnoosh,

What version of GHPython are you using? You should have GHPython 5.1.0.1. (from here: http://www.food4rhino.com/project/ghpython )

Saeran

Mehrnoosha and Michal, Unfortunately I can't reproduce this error. Can you please test the attached file and let me know if it works fine?

As If it still gives you the error can you please open the editor and click on test and tell me what the error is? As far as I can see the error happens in line 35.

Attachments:
Dear Mostafa,
The error of ladybug is " missing member exception"
' Zuipythoncomonent" object has no attribute, additional help from doc string,
Trace box line 35,
When I tested the GHpython , the msg tells that the python is running fine.
Regards
Mehrnoush

Hi Mehrnoosh,

Did you try the file that I attached?

There are two Ladybug components in the file, and one have the line 35 commented. Does both components in the testGHPython.0.6.0.3 turn red when you open the file?

Hi Mostafa,
Sry for disturbing you , Could it be related to windows 64 /32 ?
For the 0.6.0.3 the ladybug becomes red and for the other version I attached the pic.
I did not get the point of two component.In the zipped files?
Regards
Attachments:

Hi. No problem. Thank you for reporting this.

I don't think that 32bits vs 64bits is the reason.

Can you try this file and let me know the results. This is the one with two ladybugs and you need to use GHPython 0.6.0.3: http://www.grasshopper3d.com/group/ladybug/forum/attachment/downloa...

Thanks

Ohhhhhh tnx it workssssssss vizzzzzzzzz hoooora tnx Mostafa

Hahaha... Cool! We haven't solved all the problem yet. Are they both work?

Dear Saeran,
I tested GHPython 5.1.0.1 .could it happen duo to testing different GHPython?I could not solve it;-(
Regards
Mehrnoush
The msg is "Missingmemberexception"

I just updated to new ladybug and installed new GH but have this error... any help would be appreciated

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service