Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

please post here in case of karamba problems !

Views: 21470

Replies to This Discussion

Hi,

I am trying to install the Karamba3D 1.3.0 WIP (Rhino6) on my pc with Rhino WIP, 6.0.17234.9201.

The Karamba components were not visible on grasshopper hence I reinstalled Karamba as per plan A on the manual. The Karamba.dll file is now missing from the installation folder (RhinoWIP>PLUGINS). 

Please help!

Hi,

did you unblock the installation files before running the installation? Please uninstall Karamba, unblock the file and then install the file again.

Yes, I unblocked it before installation. 

Hi Santdeep, the version that you installed only installs for Rhino6 and not Rhino WIP. Did you check to see if its installed in the same directory as your Rhino6 installation. This could be either C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\Plug-ins\Karamba or C:\Program Files\Rhino 6.0\Plug-ins\Karamba

It is installed in the same directory as Rhino. C:\Program Files\Rhino WIP\Plug-ins\Karamba. 

There is a folder with Licence folder, KARAMBA configuration settings, example files, etc at C:\Program Files\Rhino WIP\Plug-ins\Karamba. 

Karamba.gha is at C:\Program Files\Rhino WIP\Plug-ins

libiomp5md.dll is at C:\Windows

karamba.dll is at C:\Windows

If the version is the issue, which version should I install instead? I have a Rhino WIP version 6.0.17234.9201. 

Nothing is coming up on grasshopper. 

Hi Santeep, i think you are using the wrong installation file. The 1.3.0 version does not work for Rhino WIP. You should download the 1.3.2 Rhino7 version from our downloads page which will run for the WIP version. That version was the WIP version of Karamba for Rhino6 - it can sound a bit confusing.

Hi,

I have installed the version 1.3.2 rhino 7 version. (I also tried the Version 1.3.2 rhino6 version). But unfortunately that didn't work. Nothing is coming up in grasshopper. 

I dont know what the problem is.

But thank you! Please let me know if there is anything else I can try. 

Hi Santdeep, you can try dragging Karamba.gha file to your grasshopper canvas to load the plugin and see if gives you any errors

Hey, 

On doing that an error crops up. attaching an image for your reference. 

ERROR%20CAPTURE.JPG

Hi, you need to update your Rhino to the latest release.

Hi,

Is it possible to change or add a folder for .csv cross section files?

It seems I can only use C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\Plug-ins\Karamba but I do not have write access to this folder. It is a shared university computer.

I would like to add other .csv files. Can I add a line in karamba_user.ini for this purpose?

Now I have to add in Grasshopper a panel with the location of the correct_name.csv file and connect it to the Path input parameter of "Read Cross Section Table from File" component. When I change the filename I have to also change it GH. I find this a very time-consuming process. Is there another way?

Hi, you can simply use a panel to input the path of your csv file in the Read Cross Section Table from File component.

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service