Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

please post here in case of karamba problems !

Views: 21505

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Matthew,

Thanks for such a swift response and sorry for the false alarm.
After reinstalling Karamba the examples open without a problem.

I hoped that the examples will clarify something, unfortunately you do not use Beam Resultant Forces' output as a source of optimization criteria/objective there.

I am still having problem with the fact that Beam Resultant Forces component gives a list of zeros as a 1st output till it finishes calculation. 

This is my case:
1. Karamba calculates normal forces in elements that are in the mast's traversal plane (mast sections, spreaders and wires (shrouds)).
2. Normal forces in forestays and backstays are calculated analytically elsewhere.
3. Having the normal forces in the wires, the algorithm selects the wires' diameters (having given the wires catalogue), calculates their weights and centers of gravity.
4. Objectives are: minimizing the mass and minimizing the VCG (vertical centre of gravity). They are convergent, but constraint (minimal sail area) is dealing with it.
5. The thing is that normal forces from Karamba and calculated analytically arrives at different times (Karamba need a bit more time). I tried to delay the other data (till Karamba finishes calculation) with Data Dam, Anemone's Time Buffer, Phyton/C#/VB components, but all of them caused that Octopus/Wallacei weren't working correctly. 

Any idea comes to your mind how this problem might be solved?

Thanks,
Mikołaj

Hi,

I just opened the latest examples from the website with the latest version of Karamba 1.3.2 (18 September 2019) and they all work without any issues. Can you make sure that you are using the latest examples from the website and the latest installation files? Also Octopus errors relate to your octopus installation but not to the Karamba installation itself.

Hello everyone,

Is anyone can tell me how to avoid the mesh intersection with itself?

I am doing some simulation as the pic below that suppose to be a collision between the mesh faces themselves.

Thank you so much!

Hi Yinan,

What do you mean by mesh intersection with itself? The deformation shape of the mesh does not take in account intersections between different meshes.

Hi Matthew,

What I would like to achieve is to observe the deformation of the mesh while pushing the two supports of this mesh towards each other at the ends. As we all know during the pushing movement, meshes are supposed to collide with each other at the part where I labeled with red color.

But now it seems that karamba didn’t take the collision of the meshes into simulation.

Could you explain a little bit about it and how to achieve it?

Thank you !

Hi Yinan,

if your meshes are not touching originally (in that they share the same mesh vertices) then Karamba does not take into account intersection between these elements when you deform them.

I have updated to Rhino 6.14.19118.. Before this i used karamba3d 1.2.2 in a early version of rhino6. My question is if it is possible to update my student license from Karamba3d 1.2.2 to 1.3.1? the main reason for this is because i want to check KarambaIDEA plugin and it is only available for Karamba 1.3.1

Hello Pedro,

all Karamba3D licenses issued so far work for Karamba3D 1.3.1.

Best,

Clemens

okay thanks, i have uptdated correctly!! 

I have another question regarding plugin Karamba3dIDEA. i don't know where to post this because i think there's no forum for this new plugin connection between karamba3d and Idea statica. but maybe you can help me here.

i have to connect :

1- template file connection

2 - Output file path.

I have updated 2 images, in the first image you can see that `template file' and to `Output file path`should be fill. I understand that output filepath is where i want the file to be created, but the template file location, i don't really know what template i have to put. 

any ideas?

There is a video in food4rhino and he uses a template called: template.contemp but i don't know which one is it or if i should have it once installed IDEAstatica..

Thankyou in advance..

Pedro

Attachments:

Hello Pedro,

thee is a forum for the IDEA Karamba plug-in: see https://www.grasshopper3d.com/group/karambaidea.

Best,

Clemens

HI! I can not load karamba in rhino 6 

like: The karamba Component Libarary was build against a newer minor version of the Grasshopper SDK.

How fix the problem?

Thank you in advance.

Hi HSU-Chia Chieh,

update Rhino to the latest build.

Best,

Clemens

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Photos

• Add Photos