Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

please post here in case of karamba problems !

Views: 21471

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Alexandre, it seems that you have installed the Free version of Karamba. Use the license component in Karamba to check which one you have installed. If it is indeed the Free version, you will need to uninstall Karamba and install it as the Full version.

Matthew

Hi everyone 

I trying to analysis but always giving me error ;

but now it is starting to give more errors

1. Singular Stiffness-matrix: Can not solve static system.
Make sure that boundary conditions are set so that the structure can not move in rigid body modes.
When you analyze a flat shell structure lock the rotation perpendicular to the plate in at least one node.
Use the 'Eigen Modes'-component and activate the display of local coordinate axes: The first eigenmode will be the rigid body motion.

Thanks 

Attachments:

Hi Zeyn,

sometimes there are some errors when referencing points not "in" the geometry. Therefore a good workflow is to use the find similar member to locate the point inside the structural model. Also you should remove duplicate points first.

Please see the definition.

best,

Matthew

Attachments:

Thank you very much Matthew this sharing has helped me so much have a nice day

Hi All

Im having trouble installing the karamba zoo license. I have just upgraded from rhino 5 to rhino 6, and downloaded the karamba for rhino 6. I want to add the karamba license in this server where i have the rhino licenses.  In the manual on https://www.karamba3d.com/support/network-licenses/ its written that i need a Network license package, but how do i get this?

Its not appearing when installing karamba?

Hi Kasper,

you receive the network license when you purchase a PRO license for commercial or university use. The network license is only available however for companies or universities.

best,

Matthew

Hi Matthew,

Thank you for a quick answer! We're a Company, and we bought one license, to try it. So the Karamba_1_x_x.rhp and Karamba_1_x_x_ZooPlugin.dll, should come along with the activation key when you buy it?

best,

Kasper

Hi Kasper,

could you please email us at info@karamba3d.com? Usually when you purchase a license the licenses will be issued electronically.

Matthew

The standard acceleration of gravity gn is defined to be 9.80665 meters per second per second (m s-2), or about 32.174 feet per second per second.

Gravity g not working for imperial units in Karamba even after changing the units and the value of g to 32.174

Attachments:

Hello,

I'm trying to test the results from "AnalyzeThI" against my hand calcs and have had issues.  I have adapted your example 1: cantilever beam to try to find the problem but still cannot get the correct max deflection value.  I've attached my grasshopper script below, please let me know if you find the issue! (My Rhino model is in imperial/feet.)

Thanks!

Dave

01_SimpleBeam%20Deflection%20Check.gh

Hello Dave,

the difference in the results is due to the fact that Karamba3D takes into account shear deformation. If one increases the shear area Az to a large value (see attached definition) the displacement values coincide.

Best,

Clemens

Attachments:

Thanks Clemens!

That's very helpful! Does this mean that Karamba utilizes Timoshenko beam theory? Or is it a theory similar to SAP? I flipped through the manual but couldn't find anything.

Best,

Dave

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service