Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

please post here in case of karamba problems !

Views: 21471

Replies to This Discussion

Hey!!

I'll take the opportunity of this chat to ask you also about the Beam Joint component.

Is it available? Were should I found it?

Thank you!!

the BeamJoint component is not part of the free version of Karamba.

Best, Clemens

Hello,

i'm currently doing some optimisation via Goat on the buckling behavior of a shell structure. After having launched the optimisation algorithm and performed some optimisation steps, i'm getting the error that my RAM (12GB) is all eaten up by RHINO. To prevent any damage i need to force Rhino 5 to shut down, otherwise my computer is shutting down completely. 

Do anyone have the same issue and a solution for it?

Thanks,

Christiane

Hello Christiane,

which version of Karamba do you use?

Best, Clemens

Hello Clemens,

We're giving a class and have installed the Karamba full version on our computer, when typing Karamba in Rhino it seems to be running but when opening up Grasshopper, Karamba doesn't show. We've searched for the Karamba.gha but could not find it anywhere, we can find the Karamba.dll but it is not in the AppData\Roaming\Grasshopper\Libraries usual folder but in C:\windows. What can we do please? We don't have a 32bit version so it has not gone there. Hope you can help,

Arthur

Hello Arthur,

'karamba.gha' and the Karamba folder are situated in 'C:\Program Files\Rhinoceros 5.0 (64-bit)\Plug-ins'. The reason is, that this location allows the installation of Karamba for all users.

By typing 'karamba' in the Rhino text window you activate the Karamba network license which runs independently from the actual Karamba plug-in.

Is there a Karamba related error message in the Rhino text window when you start Grasshopper?

When installing Karamba 1.1.0 it is essential to have the installation path correct. By default it is pointing to 'C:\Program Files\Rhinoceros 5.0 (64-bit)\Plug-ins'. Sometimes Rhino gets installed to 'C:\Program Files\Rhinoceros 5 (64-bit)\Plug-ins' (the '.0' is missing) - then one needs to change the Karamba installation path accordingly. Otherwise a new directory is created which is not searched by Grasshopper.

Best,

Clemens

Hi Mohammad,

this error occurs when Karamba cannot find the support points which coincide with the list of points that you pluged in from the LinetoBeam element. Try disconnecting the Point in the AssembleModel and see if that works. Otherwise check to see if your supports are really on your structure.

best,

Matthew

hi,
I downloaded Karamba but i installed the Free version and i woud like to upgrade it to the Trial version. But i cant delet the program through the Windows Installer/Uninstaller, and if i search for the Karamba files and delet them manually the program is still in the app list. By running the installer again there are no options, it just copies the files again automatically.
How can i solve this problem? I want to delet it and reinstall in Trial. And im really interested in the plug-in and im thinking about buying it, but first i want to try it out in his full functionality.
Thanks for the help,
Gábor

Dear Gabor,

what happens when you try to delete Karamba via the Windows Installer/Uninstaller?

Best regards,

Clemens

I have concerns regarding unit conversion between SI and Imperial. Of particular concern is the use of HSS cross sections. The table provided by Karamba only lists US - HSS sections in terms of mm,cm, etc. When these cross sections are loaded into Karamba set to Imperial units, do the cross section properties get converted into Imperial units as well? If not, is there a version of the CrossSectionValues file that has these HSS shapes in Imperial units available for download?

Hi,

I've installed the latest version of Karamba and purchased a student license of the plugin. I am trying to do some of the tutorials available on the website, but some components are missing from Grasshopper, such as Beam Forces and Optimize Cross Section. It says I have installed version 1.2.2.

Do I have to reinstall Karamba in order to have access to those components? Or have I purchased the wrong license?

Thanks for your help,

Alexandre Carrier

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service